Here’s something I haven’t done in a while! Or maybe ever, I can’t remember. And since I botched Toast Tuesday…
These are the top 10 things on my bucket list:
1. Party with Dave Grohl. Like, go to his house, swim in his pool and listen to him play music with his friends in his private studio. With the sound board from Sound City. Seriously…. Did you all see that documentary? So cool!
2. Caddy for Alice Cooper. Yep, the godfather of shock rock is an avid golfer. What the hell, right? Goofy plaid pants, pastel polo shirt wearing Alice Cooper. Bloody hilarious! So I actually golf… Badly, mind you, but I could haul Alice’s clubs around Pebble Beach for sure!
3. Be Bryan Ferry‘s backup singer. All I need is a black sequined dress, and two actual backup singers to flank me on either side. I got moves! Fake it till you make it, baby!
4. Be The Doctor’s companion. As in Doctor Who… timelord, TARDIS traveling all of time and space… I’d need my own sonic screwdriver, though…
5. Sit courtside at the NCAÂ Men’s Basketball Championship. In a year when Villanova wins it all… like this past year!
6. Take singing lessons from a professional. No kidding, my opera voice is for real…
7. Have a meaningful conversation with former president Jimmy Carter. I really think Mr. Carter is underappreciated as a statesman, a diplomat, and a scholar. If you have the chance to read any of his published works, I encourage you to do so.
8. Make it to ‘the red chair’ on Graham Norton. My stories would let me walk!
9. Invent a time machine, go back and give my impressionable, teenage self some decent advice. Er… actually see number 4.
10. Acquire a whole crapload of money (legally, of course…) and find a way to get all of you lovely people in one place for an epic party!